Have you ever considered how amazing our world seems when big balls of ice can fall straight down from the sky onto the ground? Hail proves one of the more interesting phenomenon on the planet. If you’d like to learn a little more about it, we’ve put together some interesting hail facts here.
Did you know?
- Every year, hail causes about 1,000,000,000$ worth of damage in the United States.
- Texas, Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, South Dakota and Wyoming have the highest risk for hail.
- The months of March through May have the highest hail risk.
- The largest hailstone in the world fell in South Dakota, measuring in at 8 inches.
- Hail can come from any thunderstorm.
- In the year 2,000, in Lake Worth Tx, the last fatality from hail in the US occurred. A 19 year old man was hit while trying to move his car.
Did you find these facts interesting? Remember, hail can cause a lot of damage to person and property. If you see a thunder storm approaching, you should head inside. If you require roof repairs after a hail storm, CCC Roofing & Construction can help you out. To find out more, give us a call at (866) 967-0140.